Lake Allatoona, Woodstock, Ga- Anyone go boating/jet skiing here?

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated

A.J.C.

I live in Kennesaw and frequently take my Challenger or jet ski to the lake. This is my first season on the lake and don't know it that well. Just wanted to see if anyone else goes to the same lake! Thanks

Hi AJC, I'm moving to Marietta (near Kennesaw) at the end of May, so I'll be looking to take my 1996 Challenger there after I get it fixed up... but I've not been to that lake yet. Let me know how it is!

I have been there 3 times this year. I'm still breaking in the new motor on my Challenger. I really haven't ventured too far from Little River Marina. Maybe just a mile or so. It hasn't gotten too busy yet but I'm sure it will with this warm weather we have been having. Let me know if you need any help with your Challenger. I ran into a lot of issues rebuilding mine but have just about everything worked out.

Thanks, will do, for sure. This is my second boat, but first one with an engine! Over the next few weeks, I'll be buying a rebuilt engine - most likely SBT - and will be putting it in, but I've got a bunch of other things to repair, including the upholstery, before it will be ready to hit the water. Have you found any cheap places to launch from at Lake Allatoona? I know Lake Lanier has all the USGS camps that only charge a few bucks...

Across the street from Little River Marina off Bells Ferry Rd., there is a nice place to put in. It has 3 ramps and plenty of parking. It costs $3 for the day or you can buy a season pass for $30 which seems to be the best deal. I went the same route as you as far as your boat is concerned. I put an SBT engine in mine and found all kind of little problems afterwards as my boat was not running when i purchased it. I finally got the issues worked out and it is running well! My interior was in great shape so I didn't have to worry about that. The mpem/computer on my boat was causing a no spark issue which caused weeks of troubleshooting. These boats can be tricky but when you finally have it running, its worth it!

That's good to hear. I got mine from a friend at work for a cheap price. Problem is that it's not been running since 2006 and the seats are completely shot. I'm still working on getting the trailer into road-worthy condition, need to change the leaf springs out for new ones, but still trying to figure out how to get the boat off (without putting it in the lake). It's good to know someone in the area has some experience with basically the same boat. I'll pm you...

I'll probably be taking my ski there a few times this summer, maybe we can hook up. My daughter is in Hiram, but is in the process of buying a house in Marietta. Sounds like the Little River Marina off Bells Ferry Rd might be a good place to start!

This is great, we should definitely try to get something going one of the weekends this summer. Will be trying to get the trailer fixed up this weekend, then maybe next week will pull the engine out of the boat. I'm shooting for mid June to get my Challenger on the water. Will have to break in a new motor, but that's fine... any day on the water is better than sitting at home!

This is great, we should definitely try to get something going one of the weekends this summer. Will be trying to get the trailer fixed up this weekend, then maybe next week will pull the engine out of the boat. I'm shooting for mid June to get my Challenger on the water. Will have to break in a new motor, but that's fine... any day on the water is better than sitting at home!

Yeah, that sounds great! Just let me know when you get yours running. We all should get together and hit the lake. Its always nice to have group incase something goes wrong with one of the boats/skis.

Back