Kicker Tower Speakers Shout Out!

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

biffdotorg

I have to give Kicker some credit on my recent experience with support.

If anyone is considering tower speakers, or canisters for tower speakers, Kicker really took care of me.

I have the first generation Kicker KMT6 3-way Tower Speaker pods installed. On most of the wake boat forums, there has been a number of folks that have owned these and experienced premature failure of the 6.5" driver speakers.

Each pod has (2) 6.5" speakers and a Titanium dome tweeter with crossovers installed. The pods were so water and air tight that when the hot air inside expanded, they pushed out the drivers. After 4 seasons, my speakers began to tear around the edge of the cone.

They still sound fine, but some distortion is noted when the bass comes in. I do run a sub, so I don't notice it most times. But I finally started doing some research, and then emailed kicker. It had sounded like Kicker was telling folks to drill a small breather hole in the bottom of the pod, and for those us that had speaker failure, they were replacing under warranty, or offering a deal on current models at a discount for those of us out of warranty.

Well that is exactly what they did for me. They got me into the current KMT pods for an amazing discount. I had all intentions of spending some money on 4 new 6.5" speakers to make them like new. But this was such a smoking deal, I had to take them up on the offer.

So Kicker sells the 2x6.5" empty pods for $249 each for anyone wanting to build their own tower speakers. So I figured, Kicker took care of me, I can take care of someone else. I posted my KMT6 pair in the classifieds for $200. You can run them as is, or drop in 4 new 6.5" speakers. Or pull the 6.5" speakers out of your boat and put them on the tower.

I am getting my new ones today, and should not need all the adapters to make them fit all towers. So I plan on throwing all the spares in for anyone to adapt these pods to their tower.

I didn't want to come across as an advertisement, but I did want to plug Kicker for amazing support. And this was after emailing back and forth with the support guys trying to determine which 6.5" would work best in my existing pods.

Good luck guys, and buzz me if anyone is interested in some dirt-cheap tower speakers!

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back