Jet Drive install question

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ironmikea

Greetings all,
I am ready to install the jet drive back into my Utopia 205. I found some pretty detailed instructions on the internet, a pdf titled 250 HP Jet Drive Installation Manual. The instructions say to install loctite 454 on the side of the pump mount grommet closet to the bow of the boat. I guess this is so it says in place while installing the drive in the hull. It also suggests spraying soapy water on the inside of the pump mount grommet and the ride plate seal which tells me its that they both are tight fits. My question is 1.) Can I reuse the pump mount grommet and ride plate seal or should I purchase a new one? Might I add, the boat was used in salt water and bolts were seize on the drive itself. 2.) It looks like the instructions say to thread the steering/reverse cables through their respective holes on the drive before it is installed. Is this necessary or can this be done afterwards since the cables come through the hull? 3.) Anything else I need to be concerned with? I used a transmission jack to support the drive when removing. I suspect the boat should be level when installing?
Thanks in advance.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back