ISO Fuel Tank Vent Cap- 1998 Sportster 1800

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone happen to have the Cap for the Fuel Tank Vent Assembly laying around? 1998 Sportster 1800. I'd buy one if there were any available online. Every thing on Google search shows part as unavailable and I'm not finding any on ebay. I've searched the part number 275500206 to no avail. Closest I have came to an actual picture is on an aftermarket part and even they were sold out.
Thought I would try to see if anyone happened to have a cap laying around, or knows where I can find one. Looks like someone decided they needed mine more than I do. Thanks

I'm hoping one of these "we can find almost anything" parts gurus chimes in. If not, I'll probably make one if I can find a piece of plastic with that thread. It just needs something to break up the full water column I am pretty sure, yet allow enough air in to make up for the fuel being emptied from the tank. The pumps can handle some vacuum, but not at a low idle from what I have seen

I'm hoping one of these "we can find almost anything" parts gurus chimes in. If not, I'll probably make one if I can find a piece of plastic with that thread. It just needs something to break up the full water column I am pretty sure, yet allow enough air in to make up for the fuel being emptied from the tank. The pumps can handle some vacuum, but not at a low idle from what I have seen
Let hope man. I need one. I hope not having one doesn’t mess with my idles. I’m trying to tune everything….

Think I found it man. I want to verify it’ll work before I give it to you

Think I found it man. I want to verify it’ll work before I give it to you
Sounds good. On messing up your idle - the only problem I have had or think will have is if you take a wave hard on the drivers side where the vent is. If you do, just loosen the gas cap and it will relieve the vacuum and let the water out.
I verified this yesterday- I have a quart jar with a fine mesh screen, similiar to the gas vent screen, for straining water at the shop, etc. When I put water in the jar with the screen lid on and flip it upside down the water column holds and the mesh does not leak- same principle with the gas vent.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back