Is Quicksliver PWC Oil An Injection Oil?

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

SurfBeat

Being trained in law, it's been my habit to read literally, therefore, when I finally found a store that peddles Quicksilver PWC 2-stroke oil, (an oil that is recommended by some learned members of this site) I noticed that no-where on the silver container was it mentioned that the oil was an "injection oil."

Now, considering argunedo that all 2-stroke oil is "injection oil," nonetheless I wanted that matter to be substantiated, so, I went looking for Quicksilver's main office.

What I discovered that there is no Quicksilver "main office" because Quicksilver is manufactured by Mercury, sold to non-Mercury dealers, thus there is no Quicksilver customer support to contact for information.

Moreover, efforts to contact Mercury were fruitless. In fact, Mercury has very lame customer service, thus making it impossible to obtain information about its products.

When considering that only one store peddles Quicksilver PWC oil in a thirty mile radius from where I reside and they simply peddle it, but know nothing about it, I had a hell of a time figuring out if QS PWC oil is an injection oil, thus can simply be poured into my oil tank and no need to mix it?

As pointed out above, I do things literally, so, I tend to want to ensure that what I am doing is correct.

I've already expended way too much time on this issue, however, I believe it has finally come to an end when I read a post herein stating that when I change from mineral oil to Quicksilver synthetic blend, all I have to do is run my Doo until the oil tank is almost empty, then fill it up with the QS blend?

Once I do that, I can't return to using a 100% mineral oil unless I clear my engine of all oil?

In my case it would have been much easier to purchase XPS oil from my local SD dealer, a measly $10 gallon increase in cost over QS, however, I've never like being told by a manufacturer that I had to buy only their products.

Had I known in 93 what I know now, I would have purchased a Kawi.

I've purchased two GTX's in 2004 and found that they were just too damn heavy. I ride for fun, not speed, thus the reason I sold the newer SD's and kept the old AND of course, they have great sentimental value: I paid about $14,000.00 for them back in 93.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back