Is paint necessary on charg and gen coils?

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

darnold

Installing a used stator plate assembly without removing/disturbing coils. Question is, the old paint is missing in areas but for the most part it's apparent that the entire assembly was factory painted including over the pick-up areas of the armatures/coils. Do I need to re-paint them? Leave as is? Does it matter?

c'mon guys

I thought this would be a fairly simple question to answer.......

I know they're painted to begin with but wasn't sure if I should paint and what type paint to use.

Any suggestions at all guys???????

:stupid:

Paint

I agree with Napa, You do not have to. But once you do, you are always glad you did. Paint it yellow and put an Accel sticker on it to confuse people.

okay now.....

thanks for the responses

yeah, i wasn't gonna tell anyone about my color scheme but here goes.....

the block, RVC, intake, flywheel housing - Chrysler blue high heat engine enamel

exhaust mani, big pipe, mid pipe, muffler, flywheel housing cover - Chrysler plum purple high heat engine enamel

engine plate, air filter housing and cover - stock purple

i'll post some pics soon.....

Paint

I was going to tell you to use the old Plymouth Road Runner color " PLUM CRAZY", but I did not think anyone would know about it.
And here you are, going to use it. Please upload a picture when you are finished.

yep, i'm a mopar man!

the 'cuda's, challenger's and road turkey's are gone now.......

but i still like the Chrysler Orange, Blue & Purple paints!

Here's the exhaust stuff ........

Attachments

• purple_stuff.jpg
    purple_stuff.jpg
    251.1 KB · Views: 3
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back