Installed oil shutoff valve now the line won’t fill with oil

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Is there a way to test the oil pump for leakage? When I installed it, I primed it and verified it was squirting oil but it was a used ebay pump

I haven't seen the pumps leak and I have only heard of the check valves getting stuck closed.
Short of pulling the rotary cover I am not sure.

I haven't seen the pumps leak and I have only heard of the check valves getting stuck closed.
Short of pulling the rotary cover I am not sure.
Its the craziest thing. Since I put the oil shutoff valve on the pump line I haven’t lost anymore oil. Last year it emptied the tank into the engine in a week. Could there be a leak in the rotary valve based on the position the crank stops in? Just trying to figure this out

Finally got around to working on it. I removed the oil pump and removed the valve. I inspected the oil pump and put a couole of psi pressure to see if it was leaking at the seal, nothing. I reinstalled it with new line and no cutoff valve. I bled it and ran the pump using a drill to ensure it was pumping, worked as advertised. I installed a shutoff valve in the rotary valve line. should know today if it is leaking

Update, the oil pump is leaking into the engine some way. The other line has a shutoff valve. I noticed the oil leverl beliw the mark I made. I fired it up and it smoked like a freight train and had oil coming out the exhaust. I guess I am in the market for a new oil pump

Final update, got my new pump and check valves, removed the old one. When I put a couple of psi into the oil inlet one of the check valves was definitely leaking. Tested the new one…it was not leaking. Reinstalled should fix the issue

Back