Hydrolocked after sitting in water overnight. WTF??

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

jrsharpebc

Not sure if this is a eureka moment in my battle of the hot starting issue, but for the first time in 4 years I’m not able to get the boat on the lift due to insanely low water levels in the lake. So I left it floating hooked on our buoy last night.

This morning I went out to move it and it would not start, would not even turn over. I only tried a couple times, learning from other posts here of what it sounds and acts like when locked.

I pulled the plugs and sure enough there is a good amount of liquid in the top of the pistons. I’m getting a tow tomorrow to get it back in to the shop to figure out what’s going on and hopefully not needing a rebuild.

Any one have ANY idea what would cause water to get into the combustion chamber simply by having the boat float in the water? What could I be pointing my shop to? Maybe I/C leaking?

Edit: oh and there was no water in the hull, bone dry.

Thx
John
‘06 Challenger 180 SCIC

Last edited:
I don't know where the leak is,,,just get the water out,,,get it started,,,and save yourself an expensive rebuild.,,when I'm chasing a leak,,,I have the hull thoroughly dried out,,,cover open,,,pock a wyiet day at the launch,,,have a super bright flashlight,,,and then have someone slowly back the boat into water.,,bright sunny days sre best.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back