Hydro locked via garden hose, please advise (04 GTI Le RFI 787)

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
After nearly a year I finally got my weekday ski up and running yesterday,  someone in this household came behind me at 8pm and hydrolocked the engine, despite me saying "that noise ain't the battery draining"

>Plugs are pulled, wires to grounding plate, no turn with start just clunkish clock noise.
>Fully charged battery installed, was tindered overnight

Theoretically, could I suck any water out of the hose connector or thru the plug holes with a Shop-Vac? Or what are any methods I might be capable of?

I'm not a mechanic by any means so make sure that any instructions are worded like I'm a five year old.

I have been reading similar threads since 9pm last night, anything useful is reply locked so sorry if this is posted somewhere else. I'm panicking and ovary-acting.

Can you turn it over by hand?
I don't know how to do that, I assume it needs to be turned by hand to expell enough water that eventually it will turn while pressing start?

I know that you mean to turn the flywheel, I don't know how to get to it. The parts diagrams don't help me much

Ok shaft turns freely.
No water when blowing thru hoses
Crank case plug removed and drained only oil.
Only clicking when button pressed
Checked relay by testing on identical ski, relay is good.

Glad to see good news, thanks guys

I'll swap the new battery from my other ski and test. I've been fighting with an issue with the other one and haven't messed with the one regarding this thread. That one doesn't want to crank at the ramp but fires up fine on the trailer. It just occurred to me to try cranking it without me on it.

Back