How do I check the rave valve selonoid

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dtrain55!

Is there any tests to check the selonoid 4 the raves out of the water? Ive been trying to find sputter. I found a thread that said they should open about 43ish , Thats where my problem starts Im going over a few things this fall. I have done a couple things so far , cleaning elec connections fixed fuel pressure problem cleaned fuel system cleaned raves ect. I wont know if Ive done any good till next spring , While rebuilding the raves I discovered a second spring under the bellows. The sea doo manual shows a second spring on the 947 engine but only 1 spring on the 787 { mine is a 787] maybe that second spring is changing pressure on bellows? I still would like to check selonoid. Thanks

I'm pretty sure there is a compression spring, o-ring and and a support piece on the RFI rave valve. The bellows chamber has to seal on the shaft.

If you have a miss, that is likely NOT the rave valves causig that. The raves generally cause a power loss and problems in the 4000-5000 RPM range. Ski has difficulty getting on top and not a smooth transition to the top of the RPM range. You can supply voltage to the rave solenoid and listen for it to click. Pressure up the rave valves and determine if they are holding pressure within the bellows (they should). I test at about 8psi. I've had to clean the rave valve shafts and parts to get a good seal.

Clean the spark plugs, the spark plug caps and clean the plug that plugs into the coil. YOu can try wiggling that plug. Your miss may clear up for a bit. I've chased a lot of RFI issues and had a rev limiter issue on one as well. Good Luck.

just put 12 volts to the seloniod? Then put 8 lbs into the small lines that go directuly to the raves? runs great up to 4k then sputers at 4-5 then takes off at 5k like it should Thanks

I'd suspect a rave system issue if that is happening. Did you check the "check" valve coming from the engine casing to the rave solenoid? You can suck air through the check but now blow back. I'd get real intimate to that part of the system and also... check your rave solenoid to make sure it is working properly. You can unplug your rave solenoid and ride the ski and see if it is doing the same thing. Those raves will open on their own without the rave solenoid but it will take them longer and you'll get the type of performance you are experiencing.

Also, Do you have springs and seals installed below the rave piston? Good Luck !!

thanks for reply I have rebuilt and cleaned raves. I put new orings and springs and new rubbers inside. I just checked the check valve in system , I cant blow or suck air through the check valve. Ill order a new one of those Maybe thats it. I wont know till spring.

Air has to flow through the check. That is what opens the raves. You are a patient man.... I'd have the ski on the water. LOL Good Luck !!

Just delete the solenoid and use the exhaust pressure. There are many YouTube Videos on how to convert. It's what seadoo ended up doing too.

I checked again the check valve and I can suck air, kind of hard but does work
I'm telling you, it's worth just getting rid of them. All you have to do is drill a hole in the body of the rave valve, the spot is already there, very simple, and then you don't have to worry about electronics, hoses, check valves or anything

ok when I suck on the hose that goes to the raves from the seloniod they close and with pressure they stay closed so I dont think they are leaking. To bypass the seloniod, do I drill a hole in the center of the red cap and the top plastic part of the bellows? Then just remove the seloniod and check valve and cap them off? Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back