High Exhaust Temp Error

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated

Lakey

Can anyone tell me how water is transferred from the pump into the water box. Getting high exhaust warning and trying to trouble shoot the problem. Thanks

Look at the temp sensor for damage , via the oil cover to access the oil dip stick , you can see the water box and the sensor, your prop wearing could be damage and no water pressure going to exhaust manifold .

It is 2015 Spark 3 up. Removed the pump and replaced wear ring. Found impeller was damaged (deformed blades).

Is this enough to prevent exhaust cooling? Ordered new impeller and seal.

You possibly had low flow of water to the cooling system
How bad was the impeller and the gap between wear ring and impeller

The wear ring was gone, completely missing. The seal was on the inside of the impeller and coiled around the shaft. All blades were dinged and rough and the leading edge (wear ring side) on one blade was bent up approximately 1 inch.

Where does the water enter the water box from the pump housing?

The wear ring was gone, completely missing. The seal was on the inside of the impeller and coiled around the shaft. All blades were dinged and rough and the leading edge (wear ring side) on one blade was bent up approximately 1 inch.

Where does the water enter the water box from the pump housing?

Just hope you it did not damage the small tube feeding water into the hull it also happens when the rocks gets past the wearing .

These are not my pictures but serves the point of what you are looking for .

9349daa296c9fcac822d708c81e6ee6a.jpg

68672c55b9bba98eca5a5b10df6066cc.jpg

4631f3d7d4f9abe8011d4f772b092bce.jpg

The small tube looked to be broken (second picture). I've ordered a replacement. Is that where the water is pumped into the water box? Also ordered new temp sensor.

jesus- the entire ring was gone? what on earth did you suck up? lol
hope the rest of the pump made it through okay. must've been a hell of ride back to the dock!

Don't know. Kids were riding and said they never hit anything. I'm not sure I believe that explanation.

any update? did you get rid of the high exhaust temp warning after replacing the tubing? exact same thing happend to me. kid sucked up rocks completely destroyed wear ring and has rock stuck to impeller and venturi. replaced impeller and ring without issue. engine fired up no promblem on land. put it in water then showed high exhaust temp warning. im going to take it apart tomorrow to check on that tubing. also, do you need to remove the top deck to change the temp sensor?

Back