Hi from Missouri

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

jmb94

Hey all,
I want to start by letting whoever reads this know (whether you're a senior guy or a fellow newbie) that this forum has already helped me get and keep my boat on the water for a full season now. There's not many forums that are as helpful or that have as great a community of folks as this one.

So I'm not new to boats. I grew up on a little lake here in central MO, and spent a lot of weekends down at Lake of the Ozarks growing up. My folks have owned the same 95 Sea Ray Sea Rayder since I was 5. It's a fun little pocket jet, and it's been everywhere - we've run it through four inches of water on the Gasconade River and then run it out from the intracoastal waterway into the Gulf of Mexico in Pensacola in the same summer.

My Sea-Doo story is a little different, though. A good family friend bought a house at Lake of the Ozarks (on the 5mm for those who care) back in 2014 from an older guy who was moving on to other hobbies. It came with an old pontoon and a 97 GS on the dock. Jeff had owned four Sea-Doos before, and hated them - knowing what I know now, I'd say they all had tempo lines that he never knew to replace because every single one of them almost always had some sort of carb problem. When he replaced the dock at the house, he just pulled the GS onto the bank and let it sit for another three years.

When I asked him what he wanted for it, he told me to "come get the damn thing." Annnd that's when I got real familiar with SDF. Two spark plugs, a carb rebuild (looking through the pump diaphragm in that thing was like looking at Van Gogh's "Starry Night!" and I limped it around for a weekend at LOZ like that!) and a bunch of new fuel lines, and I've got a running boat.

Anyways, I can't say enough thanks to the people on here who've asked the dumb questions for me and the people who took the time to answer them. This is by far the best Sea-Doo reference on the internet!

20170527_104352.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back