Help with ? bilge pump

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

rizwan

I may be dumb as I am new to 4-Tec but i needed some advice. Even when i have the boat out of water with no water coming out of the bilge and the power has been turned off , I can hear something running. When I turn the bilge on and off the sound goes away but starts within a second as if there is bypass to the power knob and the bilge pump or something in the boat is still running. It does not happen all the time. My boat does stay on a incline ramp about 60 degrees or so. Is this normal ? Thanks for any help

well some bilge pumps are automatic. so if the is any water the pump will kick on. But maybe the inlet on the pump is clogged or the line is clogged. Run some water in the bilge with the hose and see if it actually pumps water out the hole on the side of the boat.

Thanks so much. the hole did not put any water this time when i took the boat out and i can still hear the noise. I will try to find where to put some water in and see..

Thanks so much. the hole did not put any water this time when i took the boat out and i can still hear the noise. I will try to find where to put some water in and see..

sounds like you got a plugged bailer pickup/line or a bad sensor

The boat is partly out of water and good bit of water is coming out of the hole so once I get it completely out and and it stops pouring out will check again. If it's still doing it then I guess will need to check out the sensor.. Thanks bigJake!:)

I may be dumb as I am new to 4-Tec but i needed some advice. Even when i have the boat out of water with no water coming out of the bilge and the power has been turned off , I can hear something running. When I turn the bilge on and off the sound goes away but starts within a second as if there is bypass to the power knob and the bilge pump or something in the boat is still running. It does not happen all the time. My boat does stay on a incline ramp about 60 degrees or so. Is this normal ? Thanks for any help

I had the same problem, took the screen off the bottom and found some leaves stuck in the pump/float causing it to stay on.

Thanks. My battery drained .. After charging it I rode it and the pump is off now ! So it may have been some leaves .. I l check it next time and may have to take the screen off and see ..

I had the same problem, took the screen off the bottom and found some leaves stuck in the pump/float causing it to stay on.
How do you access the screen off the bottom. The bilge is staying on and draining the battery. I had to unhook the cable of the battery for the bilge to quit running.
thanks for your help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back