HELP rave valve flooding issue

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

97 gtx

I have a 96 gtx 787 the thing runs great on the hose I’ve done all kinds of work to it and can’t get it just right
Carb rebuild and clean, new gas lines and bet cock and filters, new rectifier and stator, new wear ring and rtv the jet pump housing deleted the oil pump for pre mix new plugs and wires.
I had two RAVE VALVES that were broken when I took em apart I sourced some used ones off a parts ski but still seems to want to flood the engine out she’ll jump out to 7500+\- and run great then it’s like it falls on its face and stalls and sputters down to 3000 give or take and stalls out usually starts right back up but normally the first couple minutes it’s fine. My redneck jet ski mechanic told me to get a straight pipe to do away with the water box and rave valve on that water box all together that it would be loud as hell but might fix the issue but if I rolled it I’ve got to be carful to roll it the right way or he said I could flood the engine out since theirs no rave valve there to stop the water. What’s y’all’s thoughts? Just find some NEW raves and replace them all? Get a tdr water box? Or straight pipe it

Are you talking about the water control valve on the water box or the RAVE valves on the engine?

Also I hope you are still supplying oil to the rotary gear since you went to premix.

Do not get rid of the water box.

I would pull the big rubber hose that connects the water box to the outlet on the hull and check it very carefully inside. They are known to delaminate and collapse and choke out the engine.

Water control valve on the water box I’m sorry I’m a mechanic but still trying to learn about working on these older jet skis.

That could very well be what’s happening in just trying to keep from wasting anymore time or money on this ski

I’ll check the hoses when I get home and try replacing them they Are original though the ski only has 41 hours on it and was a one owner ski.
And yea I still got the oil tank ran to the engine and keep it full

You happen to know the size of the hose by chance? If not I’ll just measure it and go pick some hose up from the store once I get back home

I don’t know the size but it’s big and molded to shape. Not something you can just replace with straight hose.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back