Hello Water Play People

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

RWHall

Goodday Everyone.

Im located in British Columbia, Canada.... Okanagan/Shuswap area.

I am a certified inboard/outboard mechanic however have spent almost my whole career working in product development designing and project managing various heavy gauge welded aluminum boat builds from 16ft to 35ft... mostly outboard powered vessels, a crap tonne of Mercury Sportjets, a bunch of gas V8's mated to American Turbine and Hamilton pumps & a handful of diesel imboards over the years.

I have recently aquired a 2000 Sea-Doo RX-DI. I am not a Rotax guy at all and my only previous experience with them is a new crated 250hp supercharged rotax and pump for a prototype 18ft aluminum jetboat.

Hope to become more familiar with Sea-Doo's and Rotax power and look forward to this community ad as a resource.

Cheers & Be well

GOPR1024.JPG

Last edited:
Worked at the competition up river as a Sea-Doo mechanic at Compeaus from 89 to 96.

The Chena isn't so bad, but that Tanana causes trouble. The first 787 I saw in for repair was a 97 GTX that was run exclusively on the Tanana. It's impeller liner was worn out from silt, not rocks or sticks. It's motor was burned up from overheating, most of the coolant passages were packed with silt. I never checked the hours, but it was only two months old.

Worked at the competition up river as a Sea-Doo mechanic at Compeaus from 89 to 96.

The Chena isn't so bad, but that Tanana causes trouble. The first 787 I saw in for repair was a 97 GTX that was run exclusively on the Tanana. It's impeller liner was worn out from silt, not rocks or sticks. It's motor was burned up from overheating, most of the coolant passages were packed with silt. I never checked the hours, but it was only two months old.

Yep, need the BIG sandtraps on everything.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back