Has anyone rode, 2 up on a 2 up yet

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated

tshaw

Well after selling my 96 xp and 98 gsxl this past summer due to getting a boat I have realized I want them both. Heres where im at my fiance usually goes with me anytime I go to the lake I rode the xp and she rode the gsxl. We both rode the xp a few times but it wasnt really that fun. She doesnt really wanna ride my 750 sx so if I got a new spark she would have to ride with me sometime. I know the best option would be to get the 3up but id rather have the 2up. So if the 2 up isnt very stable then I might have to go to option B hope to find 2 over winter for a decent price 1 would have to be a x4 hull and the other id prefer it to be a 96ish gsx so it might be a hard match to find.
Thanks

Whoops I meant rode haha,

Fixed, Lou

I think it probably should be ridden, but hell I ain't no English major myself.
:facepalm:

Last edited by a moderator:
Well after selling my 96 xp and 98 gsxl this past summer due to getting a boat I have realized I want them both. Heres where im at my fiance usually goes with me anytime I go to the lake I rode the xp and she rode the gsxl. We both rode the xp a few times but it wasnt really that fun. She doesnt really wanna ride my 750 sx so if I got a new spark she would have to ride with me sometime. I know the best option would be to get the 3up but id rather have the 2up. So if the 2 up isnt very stable then I might have to go to option B hope to find 2 over winter for a decent price 1 would have to be a x4 hull and the other id prefer it to be a 96ish gsx so it might be a hard match to find.
Thanks

I did!! Today, it was great, I weigh 255-260 and my girlfriend weighs 120 so we exceeded the weight limit, and it was very stable, unbelievably stable.. The holes shot was great too, and I'm on the 60hp as we'll.. 2 up No problem!

Damn I rode with my son on a 3up and we were tilting all over. Even managed to flip upside down because we leaned too much looking at sting rays.

Jay

Damn I rode with my son on a 3up and we were tilting all over. Even managed to flip upside down because we leaned too much looking at sting rays.

Jay

How much do you guys weigh? Maybe it's because my girlfriend weighs so little? Honestly we weren't leaning over too much, I didn't want to fall off.. So we took a ride around the whole lake.

But comparing it to my XP 800 - we would tip over instantly even trying really hard to stay balanced.

I did!! Today, it was great, I weigh 255-260 and my girlfriend weighs 120 so we exceeded the weight limit, and it was very stable, unbelievably stable.. The holes shot was great too, and I'm on the 60hp as we'll.. 2 up No problem!

I'm no lightweight and neither is the wife, hey we're both 50+ now, and we've been on my 2003 RX many times when someone else wanted to run the 3-seater and I simply cannot fathom anyone having difficulty riding 2-up on any +46" wide ski... Is the new Spark that unstable?

How much do you guys weigh? Maybe it's because my girlfriend weighs so little? Honestly we weren't leaning over too much, I didn't want to fall off.. So we took a ride around the whole lake.

But comparing it to my XP 800 - we would tip over instantly even trying really hard to stay balanced.

I weigh 190 and my son weighs 150. But I think it had more to do with riding in the gulf. Water was a bit choppy. Went out today and we fell off but the foot wells were full of water and I tilted it on purpose. Tried to knock him off we both went over.

Jay

I weigh 190 and my son weighs 150. But I think it had more to do with riding in the gulf. Water was a bit choppy. Went out today and we fell off but the foot wells were full of water and I tilted it on purpose. Tried to knock him off we both went over.

Jay

Once you've got some hours up on it you'll find stability isn't an issue, you get used to where to put the weight..

I see, yea this is not going to be like the big 3 seater seadoos like the GTI - , I personally feel it's like between an XP hull and a GTI in. It's not as tipsy as an XP and not as stable as a GTI..

But the Spark comes with some pro's being like that, like I can turn this baby on a dime, wow, chopping and riding waves is nice. Now I see what people mean about the footwells, I think Seadoo has to creat like a hole in the footwells so the water leaves..

I just found this video of the Spark - this guy is riding on it on one side - also you can see in the video 2 people riding on it.. The XP would totally tip over in my experience.. I could never do that..

[video=youtube;BhWdgHi73k0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BhWdgHi73k0[/video]

Back