GTX DI fuel line diameter

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Trevman

I have a 2001 Seadoo GTX DI project and I am putting an inline fuel filter in as well as new fuel pump. The previous owner took out inline filter altogether probably because it needed to be replaced and are expensive. When I cut the fuel line off at the fuel sending unit, I noticed that the ID is only 3/16" but also the ID for the outlet port on the fuel sending unit is also 3/16" actual size. Should I be worried about the ID on the fuel hose restricting the fuel flow since I would think that a 5/16" hose should mean the ID is 5/16". Maybe the 3/16" diameter hose size is fine if the port is also 3/16". Does anyone have any advice. I would rather not change all the fuel lines due to the special quick connect fittings it has.

There are 2 fuel hoses. One that runs from the fuel pump to the fuel rail containing the fuel filter and the return hose from the fuel rail back to the fuel pump.
if I am not mistaken the ID of the lines is 6mm.
I recommend replacing the fuel lines with OEM lines that have the special connections.

the ID of all fuel lines on a DI is 5/16".

you can buy the quick disconnect fittings at any auto parts store. just double up the hose clamps. that's what i did and it works great. just make sure you get high pressure fuel lines (some auto parts places only carry 6 bar lines and you need more than that on a DI).

one tip, if you do take the line out of the fuel rail, DO NOT lose the little stainless holder for it. trying to find one is next to impossible.

Thanks Bowlerx. I may as well change the entire supply line since the diameter on it is only 3/16" now - it must have swollen over time. I didn't realize the auto shops have these type of quick connects. I will check with the one around the corner from me. I am debating over whether or not to change the fuel pump too as I hear they tend to fail. I ordered one (HFP 342DI) but I might just change the filters for now and the fuel line to see how it goes first. The fuel tank is right out of the machine now so it is easy to work on.

Thanks Bowlerx. I may as well change the entire supply line since the diameter on it is only 3/16" now - it must have swollen over time. I didn't realize the auto shops have these type of quick connects. I will check with the one around the corner from me. I am debating over whether or not to change the fuel pump too as I hear they tend to fail. I ordered one (HFP 342DI) but I might just change the filters for now and the fuel line to see how it goes first. The fuel tank is right out of the machine now so it is easy to work on.
no problem.

yeah, that's the same pump i bought and i havent had a problem. the only thing is, you're going to have to cut and splice, cause the connector doesnt fit (at least i had to).

the quick disconnect that i bought was in the section of the auto parts store with all the fittings/nuts/bolts/washers in the single plastic packs. the fitting looks like the picture attached. i got mine at napa if you have one around you. you can also get them on amazon. here is the link:
https://www.amazon.com/OTC-Fuel-Line-Fitting-Set/dp/B00063VG9U?th=1

Attachments

• 419vBtaEL5L._AC_SY400_.jpg
    419vBtaEL5L._AC_SY400_.jpg
    12.6 KB · Views: 8
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back