GTS to GTX conversion?

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

norman504

hi all,

I've got a 92 gts with the 580. Before I start, let me say I know this old thing is kinda a waste of time to put money into, but I can't afford to get a newer one. But anyway I was wondering if it's feasible to convert this thing to GTX performance levels? from looking at the spec sheets, it appears that all it would take is to change carbs/manifold, adjust valve timing, and swap the impeller. then after that i'd like to put on a Factory pipe, and I already have plans to pick up a intake grate and an air intake kit off my buddy's 95 xp that's seized.

I figure I can do all of the above for $400-$500 with used parts. Is it worth it? How much gain do you think could be had? my main goal is to get some more mph, but a little extra bottom end would be nice too

nobody? I didn't think it was a difficult question. Of course it is a holiday weekend and everybody's probably at the lake like I've been every day

ok I guess either my idea is so ridiculous that it doesn't merit a response or nobody has a clue? or maybe I have to become a premium member to get some thoughts on this? I really can't justify paying some monthly fee to have access to a million online manuals (I only have one ski and already have the manual), or a few tech articles that are pasted from other sites. anyone know of a pwc forum where they talk about more than carb tuning and wear rings? You know like doing some REAL performance engine work, and not being afraid of changing a freakin' spark arrestor?

I think the gts is a 587, gtx 657 and 657x - when you swap motor the electrical must follow so it sounds like it may work, if you use the 95xp it could be 717 or 787 - each of these needs the whole harness from the donor, after I reworked my 657 to factory specs with 717 carbs because the original 657x were very bad from the fuel line goo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back