GTI Alignment

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

etemplet

Premium Member
Premium Member
I remember a discussion about misalignment on the impeller shaft and engine. Not that this one was difficult to figure but the degree is unbelievable. The ski came in for a carb rebuild. I'd say that saved the skis life. Initial inspection two broken motor mounts. After I got the ski running the rattle was unbelievable. Motor bracket bolts were loose also. She's spot on now. :D I keep telling people... you never know what you are buying. This particular ski the previous owner spent $1200 on a new impeller shaft install. Not sure what else he got but the jet pump never had a gasket either. I just gotta use my dial indicator. I'm so much faster with it and I can get the alignment much closer.... than needed of course but that's how I roll. :D GTI MISalignment 2019.jpegGTI Alignment Indicator 2019.jpgGTI Alignment 2019.jpg

My bone stock 2004 GTI was the most difficult engine to align I have ever encountered. Took hours and finally got it very close but not absolutely perfect.

Even my 01’ XP with the destroyed engine mount fiberglass was easier.

I had a heck of a time with the 96 SPX. the real problem was getting it parallel on the horizontal. I am looking for a place to purchase bulk shims for the skis. I line up pumps and motors so I have precut shim sets in different sizes.

I'm getting better at installing the pump and shaft. :)

I just don't believe the speedometers but I'm about 4mph faster than the owner said the ski was going last summer. I can believe that. However... I gotta check the fuel system out. Got some transition issues every now and again. Also have a water leak (hose). This ski needed a lot of attention but I had a ball testing it out today !!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back