GTI 130 or GTR 215?

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

flattracker60

Buying a new 2012 SeaDoo.

Looks like the price difference is about $1500 from the two.

This would be my 1st new SeaDoo, but I like speed.

Besides upfront cost and insurance, what are the down sides to the GTR215?

Or, is it a "no-brainer", get the 215 and be done?

Should be buying one today.

I picked up a GTI last week and have put 5 hrs on it so far. Speedo showed top speed of 55 mph and handheld GPS verified speed of 54.5 mph. So far I love the ski, and so do the kids.

Downside of the GTR other than what you already mentioned is the supercharger maintenance every 100hrs and also premium fuel. Not required but on anything boosted you want to run premium to be on the safe side.

Now for the advantages, you get a much better ski in my opinion not to mention a lot faster. Do you plan on riding with 1 or 2 passengers? The GTR will do it easier and if you ski or tube behind it, it will be easier also. Not saying the GTI can't do those things, but the GTR can do it better.

Given those choices I'd opt for the GTR myself

Paws,
How did you get this ski to go so fast. I could not get mine over 30 mph or change modes. I put two hours on the ski today had the manual with me and it would not change modes. I was using the green key.
Any help would be appreciated.
Tom

As mentioned above, the green key is set to control that top end speed. Using your yellow key will enable you to properly break in the ski and also reach that upper end speed. You should also be able to change from standard touring mode to sport mode.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back