Gray electrical box

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.
Has any one had to fix the clips that secure the box down? If so what's a good product to use. Went to remove the box lastnight and both clips and both clips just snapped right off. Must get brittle over time I guess.

I have not, but I’ve seen some empty ones for sale on eBay recently... That might be your best bet.

This piece?
29343d3bb39697e7dcd49e9df19ea38d.jpg

It's not the clips on the box. It's the two clips on the mounting plate that holds the box. I'm not sure how that plate is attached to the hull but I dont want to replace it. I got some 3m plastic repair to try to fix it.

If that’s all it is, you could probably even use some Velcro strips to hold it in place, or drip a couple of holes in the bracket and use a rubber strap like the battery is held down with...

It rivets on. The repair won't last. The box will bang around and yank on the wires then you're into another mess.

Ya that piece. How is it secured to hull? Looks like it might have been riveted to it before outside of hull was refinished?

It's literally a 15 minute job. Drill out the old rivets, pry the mount off, drive the remaining part of the rivets into the hull. Lay the new piece on, rivet it back down, install the ebox and go pound waves worry free. Really, it's not hard and it's repaired the right way.

Epc.brp.com go there and look under Seadoo watercraft. Find your ski, look under the electrical. It will give you all the part numbers, go on eBay and go shopping. Heck, I might even have the mount and rivets.

You ski has an outer hull and an inner liner that has foam between them. It really is an easy repair with pop rivets.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back