Glove box latch and spring

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sniffy

2009 GTI 155 SE Glove box lid and latch install. I can not figure out how the spring goes onto the metal rod and latch. Anyone have a pic of theirs so i can see how the spring goes on?

Attachments

• unnamed.jpg
    unnamed.jpg
    243.7 KB · Views: 36
2009 GTI 155 SE Glove box lid and latch install. I can not figure out how the spring goes onto the metal rod and latch. Anyone have a pic of theirs so i can see how the spring goes on?
I got it sorted. For anyone else pulling their hair out simply feed the rod in the hole to where you can also slip it through the spring. The spring goes in the middle with the long end on the left side up against the little notch in the lid hole. When forcing the spring down to the rod use needle nose pliers and keep that long end against that notch and dont let it slide down. Then use something hard like a small creset wrench to push the rod through. The rod comes with these sleeve lock washers that's another animal to contend with. Use a bigass pair of channel locks and squeeze them on one side at a time and bingo...Oh one other important fact. install the spring and latch with lid upside down. you're welcome..

One more tip - use a towel to cover your table or bench so you don’t scratch your new lid too. Glad you got it. I remember having to figure this out a few years ago, and you ended up doing essentially what I did. Needle nose pliers holding the center area of the coil spring, pushing it down into place is I think what I did. I know you almost need three hands or a helper to push the rod thru when you get the latch aligned and spring in place.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back