FYI - air intake tube internal damage may reduce top rpms

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have been meaning to post this for a while. During the summer when I was trying to increase my top rpms (and speed from 39mph). I took a look at my intake tube to find out that the internal liner was peeling in the inside. A temp fix was using superglue to hold down the liner (which slightly increase my rpms by aprox a 100 rpms.

Images are of what it looks like right now (after the superglue fix). Ofcourse, now that it is winter up in Canada, and the boat is stored in the garage, I figured it is time to replace the tube and do a couple of upgrades. I may change the air intake to a free flow K&N filter (mod posted on the forums), or just replace the tubing.

Attachments

• 20180121_210203_resized.jpg
    20180121_210203_resized.jpg
    206.6 KB · Views: 31
  • 20180121_210208_resized.jpg
    20180121_210208_resized.jpg
    287.7 KB · Views: 30
That almost look like heat damage. I know certain exhaust hoses will do the same once you have an overheat issue.

Hope they're not expensive to replace.

good find, I would do the k&n type filter upgrade, years ago I found one of those plastic air boxes broken and pieces got sucked up into the throttle body and made the throttle stick open, right after that they came out with a safety recall (2003 sportster 4tec I think) and the fix for it was to install a metal mesh grate in the outlet of the air box, once I found a mouse nest in one, not sure how it ever got inside of the air box as it is pretty high on the front wall of the engine compartment but it made a mess in the intake and wasn't easy getting all of the crap out of it, at least with the filter upgrade your not providing a house for any unwanted guests! lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back