Fuel starved 97 GTS?

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

cj3737

One of my new to skis is a 97 GTS. I've ran it a few times on the trailer and it's been pretty good... haven't had a chance to get to the water.. just yesterday after swapping the oil filter it started idling erratically...then dying. I can keep it running for a few seconds while feathering the choke so that's telling me its fuel starving... correct? Thinking the carb is clogged somewhere...
Still has tempos and I have no idea how long it's been since carb was cleaned.. I'm gonna do both of those very shortly. Question isn't why would it all of a sudden starve after swapping oil filter?

The oil filter has nothing to do with it.

I do however hope you bled the oil system correctly after swapping the filter.

Sure enuf.. well the best I could... oil lines are stained blue so it's not to easy to see air bubbles but I got out what I could see. Gonna change all the oils lines while I'm doing the fuel lines

The oil filter has nothing to do with it.

I do however hope you bled the oil system correctly after swapping the filter.
Rebled the system... threw a little oil down the pistons and a small bit in the fuel tank... idled great on the trailer... decided to dunk her today...

Got it wet and idled pretty well on the trailer so we shoved off.. idled a little high thru the wake zone and as soon as I got on it, it bogged and died.. had to feather the choke and gas to get it moving past the low transition... after that she crusied until I let off the throttle, died almost instantly. Ran the some choke throttle plan and got it back to speed... slowly crept down to the low speed zone and just barely kept it on plane...doing that it was very responsive, high and low speeds. Shut it off for a while to see what would happen. Resorted back to playing with the choke and throttle to get back to speed...

I'm thinking the low speed jet or filter is prolly gummed up a bit... carb clean and fuel lines coming very soon...

When she was on the high side, she ran like a dream

Yes as above. Also the fuel selector. If your pulling the choke it’s running lean. Stop running it until it’s fixed or you will melt your pistons.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back