Fuel or electrical 95 xp 800

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

JACKOMO

When the engine is cold it will start right away. I let it run for 5 seconds shut it down pull the dess key and try to restart it but it just cranks. I've ordered a carb rebuild kit but I was wondering if this could also be electrical. Raves are set, fuel flow is good, new plugs, rotary valve timed good, coil tested as well as wires. I think it's flooding itself just want to make sure mpem is not acting up. Thanks for any advice. If I remove the key let it sit for 20 seconds put key back on it may or may not start.

Sounds like the needles/seats leaking. When warmed up its got too much fuel, when
its sat its had time to evaporate.

Thanks bill for your response. If the needle and seat appear in good condition is it just a matter of replacing the spring and cleaning out needle and seat? Or do the needle and seat require replacing. What kind of symptoms would a dried out diaphragm resemble. Flooding or fuel starvation? Thanks

If you are dried out, use a light amount of vaseline. they might revitalize. If you
change out springs, you have to start as a new rebuild (pop-off) to get them right.
Use a magnifying glass on the needles and replace if any distortion. Only a PO can
get them back within spec tho. A leak-down after re-assembly 5 psi for 5 min. You
need the PO tester for that also as even a magnifyer can lye. Hope just a cleaning
of filters, orifaces & lite lub works.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back