RESTO From Sportster to Speedster

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.
139.jpg
140.jpg
141.jpg

Couple shots out with the family enjoying the boat

Wow !!! Awesome pics .... where is that. Definitely different landscape then here in Canada. Is that Nevada or Arizona ??

139.jpg
140.jpg
141.jpg

Great pics....surprised you had that spot to yourself ;)
Was inquiring if you ever installed the VTS or trim tabs?
Also can you tell me where the other fuel filter is located? The previous owners of my boat removed all of the oil injection system and fuel valves etc.

139.jpg
140.jpg
141.jpg

Great pics....surprised you had that spot to yourself ;)
Was inquiring if you ever installed the VTS or trim tabs?
Also can you tell me where the other fuel filter is located? The previous owners of my boat removed all of the oil injection system and fuel valves etc.

I ended up selling the 97 Speedster at the end of last summer, but no, I did not install VTS or trim tabs.

I love this boat. My buddy had the 95 version (no spotter seat) and that thing was nuts. You literally needed all those grab handles so your passengers don't fly out on the wild turns it can make. Why'd you sell it?

I currently have the 97 Challenger, which is this boat, but I put a 4tec in it. I love it. Way better than the 2stroke variant, but probably not as much thrust as the twin 720's. I did add trim to it though, and that makes it fun, and does help a lot with the bouncing. I wonder if trim tabs wouldn't be more efficient though, as you put a lot more strain on the engine by bending down that nozzle. I can't believe how nice the water is on that lake. In NC, all our lakes looked like mud-holes in comparison. Now I'm in Florida where the water's clear, but salty. Huge pain to have to wash it every single use.

We loved the boat, ran great, but the ride was a bit rough with two small kids. So I picked up the 98 Speedster and interested to see if the 2 extra feet help the ride

We loved the boat, ran great, but the ride was a bit rough with two small kids. So I picked up the 98 Speedster and interested to see if the 2 extra feet help the ride
The added length and deeper V hull is much better. It's a much more conventional hull shape.

It is not quite the thrill ride that the 97 is, but yea, it will be better for the kiddies. I had a suspicion that was the reason. That's my #1 complaint with my boat, but fixing that would take away from what makes it so unique in the first place.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back