Flush port on 2001 XP

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Wolverine

Hey y'all: I am in the process of rebuilding my 2001 XP, it sat under tarp for 11 years, but after rebuilding carbs, flushing and cleaning engine, fuel lines, exhaust, etc... shockingly the darn thing started. Ran it a couple times (7 seconds, then rest for an hour, restart) to make sure it would keep starting. Now, I'd like to hook up a hose so I can run it for longer periods (60 second intervals) to check for leaks, fine tune, before a full lake test. The 2001 Seadoo shop manual (page 43) shows hook up is to the top left of prop. A seadoo video (of later models shows hook up to right). Attached is a picture of my rear housing, #1 labeled on the picture is a connector (female, threaded) on top right of prop, #2 is a female connector threaded on top left of prop, that has a bracket slightly blocking any access. #3 is a female outlet no threading on lower right. Is the top right (#1) the correct to flush? Are the others exhaust ports? Next question... Though the rebuild seems successful, the engine seems to be running at extremely high RPM when I start. I checked the carb throttle line (cable from handle bar, down to pully under carb, seems to be engaging and retracting proper and fully. Any thoughts? Low idle screw set too high? And thanks in advance for your guidance, this is my 1st (jet ski) rebuild.

Attachments

• rear housing.jpg
    rear housing.jpg
    256.2 KB · Views: 15
Lower the engine RPM to max 2800 RPM idle. Make sure your choke is hooked up and working. If the engine accelerates on its own or the RPMs hang high shut it down immediately. A lean engine will easily run away and you'll need to pull the choke to shut it down. This is just a warning as it happens really fast and you need to know what to do. In your current situation. I'd lower the idle before starting the engine again.

You're number one should be the flush port. Good Luck.

Gene (etemplet): Thank you for confirming the flush port. The 2001 seadoo shop manual has numerous errors, that added days to my rebuild, but after 11 years the XP runs again. The high rpm problem actually turned out to be, when reassembling the rebuilt carbs, I hooked the throttle cable to the incorrect wheel tension port. See picture. Enjoy the fall.

Attachments

• carburator wheel tension ports.jpg
    carburator wheel tension ports.jpg
    402.3 KB · Views: 8
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back