first time out

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

whiskeyxp2

Hey all.

I've been looking and finally found my boat. I just bought a holdover 2007 challenger 230, 310HP. I love it!, but have a question or two to ask before I go asking the dealer. I took it out yesterday for the first time beside the test drive. I noticed that the port engine's rpm's don't match the starboard sides. port will be at 5000 and starboard will be at 5250 or so. always about 250 to 300 rpm difference. is that normal? is it just an adjustment on the throttle linkage? Besides that and my speedometer going out it's all we've been looking for in a boat.

the last one is a warranty question. I bought the boat from a dealer that has stopped selling sea-doo. When I got back to my hometown I went down to my local dealer and had them check the vin to see if the warranty has been loaded, and it hadn't, it was only the next day so i'll keep checking. My question is if they somehow messed up should I go through the dealer I bought it from, call BRP direct or have my local dealer look into it if they are willing? Thanks and have a good one.

Last edited by a moderator:
One more thing I noticed that I thought was normal. maybe it is. After starting both engines and they are running fine, there's one long beep from the monitoring system. Owners manual says for the long beep it's either DESS key is wrong, dirty, shifter is not in nuetral or bad interface or something like that. any ideas, or should i run it by the dealer?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back