Fast Idle - 2008 SeaDoo GTX 155 – 4stroke

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

dobermann

My 2008 SeaDoo GTX 155 – 4stroke idles at about 1800 rpms and the idle speed is 3 mph.
This puts out a small wake... bad for no wake zones!
This seems too fast and hard to properly park and pull up to a dock.
How can I adjust the idle? Thanks!

Attachments

• IMG_7070.jpg
    IMG_7070.jpg
    263.7 KB · Views: 4
That is the RPM my 2007 GTI SE 155 idles at, and the same speed at idle. my understanding is this is normal and idle is also controlled by the ECM, but does have a mechanical cable adjustment on these older skis. But there is nothing wrong with your ski. That is considered no wake for a Seadoo/Jetski powered by jet propulsion. You don’t have a prop 18-24 inches under the water to have no wake at all. Nobody has ever given me any grief at 5 mph or less.

That is the RPM my 2007 GTI SE 155 idles at, and the same speed at idle. my understanding is this is normal and idle is also controlled by the ECM, but does have a mechanical cable adjustment on these older skis. But there is nothing wrong with your ski. That is considered no wake for a Seadoo/Jetski powered by jet propulsion. You don’t have a prop 18-24 inches under the water to have no wake at all. Nobody has ever given me any grief at 5 mph or less.

You can also just drop your bucket a few inches by pulling the reverse handle up a little bit to divert some of the jet flow. I do this on my 2008 Wake 215 now and then so as to not disturb fishermen or paddle boarders when I am out.

You can also just drop your bucket a few inches by pulling the reverse handle up a little bit to divert some of the jet flow. I do this on my 2008 Wake 215 now and then so as to not disturb fishermen or paddle boarders when I am out.

Scriz: Thanks for the idea.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back