Engine cleaner?

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

ThreeD

Looking to clean out my engine compartment. What is safe to use and are there better techniques than others?

hhhmmmmmm... iwanna do the same i've been told purple power or mean green... also there is this super good degreaser at the 99 cent store it's yellow, called L.A.'s awesome... it works friggen good 1$ a bottle!!!! im sure you could use that too.... as far as technique i dunno i wanno know the same thing, what to get wet , what not to get wet so on...

Gotcha daverade! Cleaning solutions:CHECK...Cleaning Techniques: NEGATIVE. Anyone got anything on a good technique? ie, what to get wet and what not to get when(besides the obvious), and/or easy cleaning tips?

if you wanna try a product that is the cats meow when it comes to cleaning up you engine bay. try this stuff thats called Challenger. i get it a the auto parts store. it comes in a red and yellow spray bottle. its a little more expensive that all the aresol engine cleaners that dont work but its well worth it. i use it all the time on snowmobiles. you should be able to find it at napa or i get it at an auto value store.

Challenger

Last edited by a moderator:
it's only avail in a few states... maybe we could find it on amazon or sumpthin...or rex may just have to ship us some...only see it avail in...IL,IN,MI,NE,PA,WI...and WY!

Im thinking about going to a spray car wash and spray the engine compartment with simple green then using the spray hose with soap and goin to town on it.

I am assuming you can get everything wet, just be careful not to spray water into the intake (air box/flame arrestor)

Everything under the seat is made for the marine enviroment, however take note not to soak the mpem, just clean it by hand with a rag, and try not to soak inside the airbox either however if you do then let it sit and it will dry out, next never clean the engine when hot or warm, only clean the engine when cold, what I mean by that is temp outside does not matter I mean engine temp cold, anotherwards it has not been running. Use purple super clean to clean the engine and builge, put it in a spray bottle about 50/50 with water or as you prefer, this removes all oil and grease. Then apply a anti corrosion spray like that from crc once everything is dry, coat everything except the builge in it this way everything is easier to clean the next time.

For the air box stuff a rag in each air tube and then a plastic bag over them, this will keep water out of it.

These are cleaned just like a boat engine is, nothing to be scared of.

sweet thanks man...so i think the mpem is the front electric box right?? so basically get everything wet accept the electrical boxes? where the hell is the rectifier???

sweet thanks man...so i think the mpem is the front electric box right?? so basically get everything wet accept the electrical boxes? where the hell is the rectifier???

Everything is waterproof but try not to get electronics wet, keep water to a min no need to completely soak everything!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back