Engine alignment tool

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello. I have been rebuilding my 1995 gtx and know I will need an engine alignment tool to do it properly. The thing is I would rather not spend $200 on it. Do any of you guys know someone who would be willing to sell it to me for cheaper?

Nobody really sells it cheaper unless you find a used one. Sometimes people rent them out.
Check the for sale section here.

I would check Facebook marketplace and craigslist. Here in Michigan there is a guy who rents it out, maby someone near you will have one if your lucky.

Hello. I have been rebuilding my 1995 gtx and know I will need an engine alignment tool to do it properly. The thing is I would rather not spend $200 on it. Do any of you guys know someone who would be willing to sell it to me for cheaper?
Check OSD marine. They rent tools for a very reasonable price!

Hi.

I made one for my 4 tec jet boat for around $50.

Search the forum for DIY shaft alignment tool.

The way I made mine is I stuck different size sockets in the impeller until I found the size that fit snug, but went all the way into the splines. Then I measured this socket with calipers. For my 2006 Sportser this was 22mm. Then I measured my driveshaft length. Bought a 3' length of tool rod steel and a sleeve. Cut a short piece for the engine side and a long piece for the pump side. Bolt the pump in and there you have it! A DIY tool!

If you can slide the sleeve from one part onto the other then the alignment is good enough.

Hope this helps give you some ideas / options.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20201205-072606_Gmail.jpg
    Screenshot_20201205-072606_Gmail.jpg
    101.2 KB · Views: 40
  • 20201121_171439.jpg
    20201121_171439.jpg
    209.1 KB · Views: 37
  • 20201121_172047.jpg
    20201121_172047.jpg
    73.7 KB · Views: 37
Status
Not open for further replies.