Emergency paddle stowage

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.
Im curious to see if anyone has tried and succeeded at stowing an emergency paddle inside their jet ski. How have you accomplished this?

My thoughts are to stow a telescoping paddle inside the engine compartment attached to the topside hull. I think if I use the clips in the attached link, the paddle would be very secure. I could even reinforce those clips in some way. My only real concern is heat. Do you think it would get hot enough in there to damage (warping or melting) the paddle? I'm pretty confident that I can secure it well enough to be sure it won't interfere with the machinery.

Spring Grips at Home Depot

i fit a telescopic under front hatch no issues at all, fits nicely along hull side, 06 RXP. Sucks having to lift out plastic bin first but no where near as much as it would suck removing the seat while floating

I agree if you have the lift out bin/tub. The 2017 GTI I have has a large storage compartment but it is curved. Not sure how it would fit in there. I freely admit that taking off the seat while on the PWC would be difficult. But having the paddle completely out of the way would be very nice.

After going back and reading my last post I left part of it out. If you have the lift out tub type storage, lifting out the tub (and all of it's contents simultaneously) and attaching the paddle inside the forward hull would be more convenient. On my PWC, the forward storage is much more open and anything I have stashed in there would have to come e out if it prevented me from removing the emergency paddle. If I stow it in the engine compartment, I only have to stand up on the ski and remove the seat. (I'm 6'4" so that's not going to be a hugely difficult task.)

I have a 2006 RXP,. I have a Attwood collapsible paddle, 11828-1 It collapses down to 21" & extends out to 41 3/4. It fits INSIDE the front storage bin.

Are there any paddles that collapse any smaller then 21"? I have an 1989, so there is not much space in that front bin.

Though I did not think of lifting the bin and storing that way, as mentioned above... Hmmm....

Ok if storing it inside the front part of the hull, under or beside the bin... how do you guys secure it? I would be afraid if loose it might bang around & knock something loose or pop a hole in the gas tank?

Perfect thank you! Now I just need to sort out why I;m not getting notified when folks respond in threads! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back