difference between GTI se 130 and 150 ??

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.
That's the only difference? Just timing\fuel mapping? What would be the cost to do this? Could you have your own mpem re flashed to the 150 maps, saw someone on eBay offering reprogramming....

Last edited by a moderator:
hello.......is it possible to upgrade the GTI SE 130 to the 150 ?

Thank you in advance

What year is your jetski!?
From 2017 the only dif is ECU tune.
For models til 2017 there is diferent camshaft,diferent injectors and forge piston on the 155 hp.
Try the Vtec tunes,is your best option.

One should be mindful that any increases in hp with a cam is a trade off.
By increasing the torque peak rpm with a cam , you genareate 3 negatives .

1: Decrease low/mid rpm torque.
This narrows the range of rpm's the engine makes power so in a corner for example your going to lose more speed.
2: More fuel consumption at ecno mode speeds cuz your running further from the engines torque peak.
3: Without a supercharger , trading low end pull for a few top end mph's is a entertainment fail.
Add a v tech tune and a solas 11/19 impller like I did on my 2015 gti 130 , and you get a top speed if 60+ mph and plenty of low end pull with the tune and a honest cam with a good trade off between low and high rpm operation .

I think the biggest drawback to a GTI -130 is the way it loses speed in a corner.
Get a Vtech tune and problem fixed!
I know many just think about top speed but the way a engine holds up the speed or even increases it when cornering is a big deal to .

Last edited:
One should be mindful that any increases in hp with a cam is a trade off.
By increasing the torque peak rpm with a cam , you genareate 3 negatives .

1: Decrease low/mid rpm torque.
This narrows the range of rpm's the engine makes power so in a corner for example your going to lose more speed.
2: More fuel consumption at ecno mode speeds cuz your running further from the engines torque peak.
3: Without a supercharger , trading low end pull for a few top end mph's is a entertainment fail.
Add a v tech tune and a solas 11/19 impller like I did on my 2015 gti 130 , and you get a top speed if 60+ mph and plenty of low end pull with the tune and a honest cam with a good trade off between low and high rpm operation .

I think the biggest drawback to a GTI -130 is the way it loses speed in a corner.
Get a Vtech tune and problem fixed!
I know many just think about top speed but the way a engine holds up the speed or even increases it when cornering is a big deal to .

So I have a 2017 GTI 130 and I purchased the maptuner from RIVA. I haven’t selected which tune(130 or 155) to use yet because of the rumor of being able to tune a 130 to a 155. Is this true? Pro? Cons? Also it’s a stage one tune and it says it’s required to run a performance air filter. Is that a necessity or is it just to get a little better engine performance

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back