DESS and MPEM question

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

mrlmd1

I have a '97 GS which ran perfectly 6 months ago and haven't been able to use it for a variety of reasons. It sat covered up on a jetski float at my dock connected to a 1.5 amp small solar panel trickle charger to keep the battery up but I went to start it recently and the battery was way down, like 9v, not maintained by the charger even though it's putting out 14.5-14.7v trickle. I removed the battery, brought it into the house and resurrected it over a few days with a 2 amp charger. When I reinstalled it and put on my key, I get one red flash lasting about 2 sec on the dash, no beeps, no response at all when I press the start button - no relay click, starter clicks, etc. I jumped it from another 12v regular size battery from a golf cart and no change - just one red 2 sec light with the key on, nothing else, no other noises except that from the start button. I took apart all the cable connections and cleaned off all corrosion at the battery terminals and those on the heavy red cables in the box on the right side of the engine compartment which didn't change anything. No fuses are blown (by looking at them).
My question is, if there's no juice to the MPEM for a while (? months) does this have to be programmed to the DESS key again ( I have 3 of them, 2 brand new previously programmed to the ski, and none of them work any differently), or does the code in there change at all without juice going to it? Before I start digging looking for why there's no power to it, I need to know this as could it be that all I have to do is go back to the dealer and interrogate it and getting another matching DESS? If this is not the case, then I don't know where to begin looking for the problem.
Thanks a lot for any suggestions or help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back