Cooling pisser weak stream

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

JBoss

96 Speedster, port engines pisser is a lot weaker than the starboard, which is a nice solid stream. Had it on the lake for a couple hours, with a half hour cruise there and back and didn’t have an issue with overheating. I just had to lean over the back every once in awhile to make sure it was still flowing, it just doesn’t shoot as far as the other one. Put it on the hose at home and same thing.

At first I thought maybe the perko valve above the ride plate might be stuck open allowing too much water past, robbing the engine cooling of its pressure. But I just compared them and they look similar, not a scientific comparison but I doubt it’s the problem. Then I tried pinching the line opposite the pisser just past the T, and I got a nice solid stream.

So I don’t think that a clogged cooling line is my problem, I think it’s more of a water just not going to the pisser problem. But I have no idea how to go about rectifying that other then just start replacing cooling lines, which I wouldn’t be totally opposed to because they feel kind of hard. I tried to disconnect the hose coming off of the T and it felt like it was going to tear before it let go of the nipple.

I also noticed on the parts diagram that on my boat the lines coming off of the T are reversed. The pisser should be coming off the straight part, instead of the 90 degree bend. I don’t know if it matters, it makes sense that going straight is the path of least resistance. It also looks like the hose for the pisser is a smaller diameter than the hose going to the muffler. So I don’t know if switching them would even be possible?

So I’m really lost as how to go about fixing this. Also, should I keep it off of the water until it is fixed? I feel pretty comfortable that everything that needs water is getting it and this is just more of a cosmetic verification problem, but I could be wrong.

Attachments

• IMG_0549.JPG
    IMG_0549.JPG
    635.8 KB · Views: 24
  • IMG_0550.JPG
    IMG_0550.JPG
    696.1 KB · Views: 23
  • IMG_0551.JPG
    IMG_0551.JPG
    414.9 KB · Views: 27
  • IMG_0552.JPG
    IMG_0552.JPG
    640 KB · Views: 28
  • IMG_0742.JPG
    IMG_0742.JPG
    168.5 KB · Views: 28
I honestly wouldn't worry about it especially if your engine is running fine and shows no signs of overheating.

The pisser is just a visual aid to show you that cooling water is flowing, nothing more or less.

It could be that the impeller or wear ring is a little more worn than the other so it makes a little more pressure.

I have seen two identical skis where even brand new one barely pissed any water at idle and the other had a good stream and they never had an issue.

On another note, tighten your rear spark-plug because it is spitting oil all over the place.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back