Complete drop in engine replacement

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

cliff_sadler

I have a 1994 Explorer with a tired 657. I am wary enough of the bolt ons (except the exhaust), that I would like to source a complete engine, from the flywheel cover to the PTO. Anyone in that business, that has something on the shelf? I'm in Tampa Bay.
TIA

Given your location I don't think you could do much better than SBT for $595 with a no fault warranty.
All you would swap over are the external parts like manifolds and electronics.

And carbs, fuel pump, flywheel, stator, balencer, starter, timing plate, hoses, etc....
That’s what I’m trying to avoid
This vehicle is very much just a tender for a larger boat. I’d love to just repower with electric, but I think we are still ahead of that curve.

Found a donor XP, free to me. Had to swap the magneto assembly so I could use my MPEM (XP one was flooded and rusting even though the ski still started and ran). and had to redo some of the throttle linkage as the XP had carbs oriented differently than the Explorer. And of course had to reuse the original exhaust, as that is routed differently in the XP.
Total investment, -$150. I sold the trailer the XP was on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back