Cleaned up the boat--- Wouldn't trade it for anything!

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

gb387

Many post and ask for solutions to problems on this site, so I thought I would change it iu share some photos of our boat all cleaned up and give you some pros/cons of this boat.

Pros--
- FAST and FUN!
- Jet motors are very easy to maintain
- Lots of conversations from other boaters asking 'how you like the jet drive'
- Safe when using the swim platform no worries if you have kids
- VERY maneuverable
- Very reliable
- Minimal bow rise
- Less worrying about hitting under water obstacles and destroying your lower unit
- ITS A SEA DOO!
- There is lots of pros but these are fairly generic to any jet boat.

Cons--
- A bigger learning curve with docking/loading onto a trailer vs a stern drive but after sometime this can easily be learned and you can handle the boat like a pro.
- Easy to suck up a rope when skiing and tubing, you have to be 100% aware where the rope is at all times don't trust your friends to watch!
- Lots of conversations from other boaters asking 'how you like the jet drive' taking away from your valuable time on the water
- Louder than I would like

Would I buy another, absolutely! Will I buy another absolutely!
Both my wife and I love it, probably the best purchase we have made when is comes to 'toys'

IMG_20170908_072819.jpg
IMG_20170908_072829.jpg
IMG_20170908_072844.jpg
IMG_20170908_072857.jpg

Its a great multipurpose boat.
109.jpg

Took this with my drone yesterday.[video=youtube_share;jHcNuuR4oEU]https://youtu.be/jHcNuuR4oEU[/video]

Lots of each to my Sea-Doo but I love it. First boat too so I don't know much better ha.

Pros-
- Feels super stable in turns where I feel comfortable taking turns at any speed
- is very easy to work on
- a lot of boat for what I paid for it
- love the shallow water
- nice basic interior + lots of room for upgrades
- lots of information out there to fix things
- love the noise

Cons-
- it's an older boat (2004) so things are beginning to show their age
- parts can be hard to get
- not to many Sea-Doo boat technicians in my area
- potentially sucking up a rope

GB387, no kidding on not trusting a friend with the rope, learned that this summer. At least turned off motors in time that could use tool made from broom handle (barb like cutout on one end hook screwed into other end) to remove without cutting rope or removing grate. Was worried that if cut rope that would be unable to tease it out.

j_cruton, great tower, what are the details on it?

will add the following:

Pro - no sharp exposed metal edges thus great for kids to swim around boat and enjoy water toys
Pro - rides like overgrown skidoo, great fun

Con - wake a bit rough

Used some simple green in bilge, sprayed on with pump sprayer, waited half a minute and risked off - did an amazing job, looks better than when took delivery.

Also installed black tip traction mats this year, excellent product (will post some pics later - went with black for deck and grey for interior, looks great). Now also happily take bucket of water to interior and rinse out and sand or other messes which wouldn't do when had carpet.

Beautiful photos, gb387! Do you not use the interior carpet? Looks like you have seadek up in the bow. What type of cleaners do you guys use to keep your boats clean?

Beautiful photos, gb387! Do you not use the interior carpet? Looks like you have seadek up in the bow. What type of cleaners do you guys use to keep your boats clean?

We do not use the carpet, gets wet an nasty and I can not stand that feeling on bare feet. We have passed around the idea of seadek on the interior but we really like the bare surface for easy cleaning.

We use all Meguiars products, I stick with their automotive line because of the lower cost vs marine products. If you keep your boat clean you won't need the more agressive marine products anyway. My wife and I give it a quick wash after every use it takes about 5 minutes with a foam gun and large soft bristle wash brush. Use some spray wax every few weeks to keep a nice shiny look. In the fall it gets a full wax with a machine. My product selection varies I like trying all Meguiars new products.

GB387, no kidding on not trusting a friend with the rope, learned that this summer. At least turned off motors in time that could use tool made from broom handle (barb like cutout on one end hook screwed into other end) to remove without cutting rope or removing grate. Was worried that if cut rope that would be unable to tease it out.

j_cruton, great tower, what are the details on it?

will add the following:

Pro - no sharp exposed metal edges thus great for kids to swim around boat and enjoy water toys
Pro - rides like overgrown skidoo, great fun

Con - wake a bit rough

Used some simple green in bilge, sprayed on with pump sprayer, waited half a minute and risked off - did an amazing job, looks better than when took delivery.

Also installed black tip traction mats this year, excellent product (will post some pics later - went with black for deck and grey for interior, looks great). Now also happily take bucket of water to interior and rinse out and sand or other messes which wouldn't do when had carpet.

How do you like the black tip? I am thinking about doing the full boat kit for our Challenger.

We do not use the carpet, gets wet an nasty and I can not stand that feeling on bare feet. We have passed around the idea of seadek on the interior but we really like the bare surface for easy cleaning.

We use all Meguiars products, I stick with their automotive line because of the lower cost vs marine products. If you keep your boat clean you won't need the more agressive marine products anyway. My wife and I give it a quick wash after every use it takes about 5 minutes with a foam gun and large soft bristle wash brush. Use some spray wax every few weeks to keep a nice shiny look. In the fall it gets a full wax with a machine. My product selection varies I like trying all Meguiars new products.

Good to know on the Meguiar's products ... not surprising that they mark up the cost of their marine products. I've been thinking of removing the carpet as well and saving up for the seadek mats. Possibly doing the black tip traction mats on the rear as well. These boats are awesome and addicting!

2009 Speedster 150 255 HP w/tower...I too have enjoyed this boat...unfortunately life circumstances change and we must move on...This boat is looking for a good home at $13,500...it is located about 1 hour Southeast of Chicago....There are not many of them for sale and comparables are listed at $15,000...it is listed on Craigslist and Offer up...lots of inquiries but most people want something for nothing...contact me at 219-798-7601 if serious...
DSC_0016.JPG

Attachments

• DSC_0040.JPG
    DSC_0040.JPG
    2.4 MB · Views: 14
  • DSC_0020.JPG
    DSC_0020.JPG
    2.4 MB · Views: 15
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back