Chartplotter

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.
I plan to put a chartplotter on a 2004 Sportster 4-Tec. Any recommendations for brand / model and mount location? Anybody have experience with in-hull transducer? Would rather avoid drilling, not a fisherman just looking for reliable depth read. Thanks in advance for your input.

When you test the through hull location, you can place the transducer into a plastic bag filled with water and place it in various places in the bilge to see where you get the most consistent readings prior to permanently mounting to the hull.

You typically want the transducer where the hull is always in contact with the water and is clear from disturbances created by things like the pump and intake grates. OEM location on our 210 is on the port side roughly in line with cylinder 1.

i have the Garmin Echomap Plus 95SV, nice big screen and very easy to ready even if the boat is moving. i am not using the transducer, mainly using it for navigation and i already have a depth finder. got it on sale. Came with maps builtin.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back