Can't get my ski to run right

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.
1997 gsx Hi I've had carby issue well I think I was stalling in water at idle after a while then flooded when park so I rebuild my carbys again using mikuni rebuilt kit and new needle and seat order 2 black 80 gram springs bought a pop off tester pop off is 38 psi not leaking put back together now will only start with choke and up down stall on trailer I've gone backwards any help would be appreciated as I'm giving it one more try then I'm buying new carbys and hope that's the problem but I'm. Not sure also just did too end rebuild and 158 psi on both

I have the same ski... went through he'll getting it to run properly lol.

You say rebuild. Complete rebuild? All seals and everything? Did you pressure test when the engine was put back together?

If it will only start with choke on the trailer then you're lean and need to figure out why. When you rebuilt the carbs did you ensure the three bypass holes weren't plugged? I took mine on and off like 4 times because I didn't pay enough attention to make sure all passages were clear.

I had the same problem with stalling in water after extended idle. At that time I was running rich. Engine cooled enough from excess fuel and oil and would just stall out.

Go over your fuel system meticulously and ensure carb jet settings. Verify idle screw setting as well. 3k rpm on trailer 1500 in water.

Yeah didn't touch bottom end it looked like new ski has only done about 90 hrs and it ran like a dream last time I had it out other then the flooding witch my thought would be I used cheap Chinese rebuild kit last rebuild so I took them off and used mikuni I'll have a full tinker again with carbys and double check everything if not I'm. Going to buy new carbys on Monday hope that fixes it

If it ran good before the carb work than chances are that's where the problem lies. Either in the setup or the cleaning. Just be meticulous.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back