Can I use gasket sealant on bottom of jugs?

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

drake1

I have a 787 and it developed a water leak between the jugs and the crank, it looks a little warped can I use sealant on both sides of the new gasket? Actually with this engine being so old is there anywhere I shouldn't use sealant with the gasket, the three that looks like they have been leaking are the jugs, one of the raves and the exhaust manifold.
Thanks jeff

I have a 787 and it developed a water leak between the jugs and the crank, it looks a little warped can I use sealant on both sides of the new gasket? Actually with this engine being so old is there anywhere I shouldn't use sealant with the gasket, the three that looks like they have been leaking are the jugs, one of the raves and the exhaust manifold.
Thanks jeff

(aside from OEM sealants Yamabond, Honda etc.), the only RTV I think is worthy on any 2 stroke case/gaskets would be 1211.
I would however hesitate to use it n the cylinder base gasket unless the imperfections are very very small. all you need is a small smear, even thin film. but without seeing the surfaces I can only guess.
always use a good quality gasket first and follow factory torque specs. OEM gaskets are good, SBT gaskets appear to be good, some WSM are decent, and Cometic are very good...

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back