BRP Denied my warranty claim (2019 GTR-X)

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

darrinm03

see pic below...this is ALL OVER the cap on the silver parts. BRP stated this is called "paint grazing" i believe, and its due to an "incompatible chemical" being applied to the ski. I have taken this out on the water a total of 3 times, with 10 hours on the clock. I dont even have the registration for this thing yet. Only thing i have done with rinse the salt water off with fresh water from a hose and dried it off with a towel.

Dealership said they saw maybe 2 spots when they first got the ski for the showroom floor, and i didnt notice it until after riding it for the first time and assumed it was from the fiberglass flexing and assumed it was "going to do that eventually" (first time PWC owner so i didnt know any better). Then i started seeing it everywhere, then i asked a buddy with a 2016 GTI and he said take it in ASAP.

BRP said they would "in good faith" pay for repairs, and authorized the dealership to send it to a body shop that works specifically on PWC's and boats and they would pay for repairs. That will take over a month, meanwhile I'm paying payments and insurance on it. Plus the shop said the whole cap was going to have to be sanded and refinished. BRP said their warranty decision is final and refuse to talk to me directly. My wife and I are so fed up that we dont even want the damn thing anymore and our first payment date hasnt even got here yet.

Any suggestions? Roll over and take their offer and take my brand new ski to the body shop the dealer is saying and essentially have the whole top half of my ski sanded and repainted? Talk to a lawyer? have the dealership write statements saying they observed the issue before i ever took ownership of it?

Attachments

• IMG_1571.jpg
    IMG_1571.jpg
    396.3 KB · Views: 49
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back