Broken ride plate

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Yamadoo92

1995 seadoo sportster was only able to hit 30mph on the water engine was running healthy, when I looked back the water it looked rough like it was dragging.
Would a broken ride plate cause that much of a top speed loss?

IMG_20220731_194142.jpgIMG_20220731_194145.jpg

Yes, it would. More drag and more of the hull in the water.

Sorry, this forum isn't our full time profession so we do what we can.

Yes, it would. More drag and more of the hull in the water.

Sorry, this forum isn't our full time profession so we do what we can.
Sorry for the rude post just frustrated with the lack of information on this boat, I didn't realize how little sales there were on the sportster vs the speedster.
I can't even find a picture of what it used to look like for reference.
I've contacted alot of buy/sell groups looking for one but no one responded.
I don't think the rideplate/shoe on this boat is shared with the challenger.

Have you checked the wear ring? What are your RPMs?
Yes it looks fine and not damaged. The only thing that makes sense is the rideplate shoe being broken off, but I don't know what a stock one even looks like! So it could be broken by just alittle that causes no performance loss or it's missing alot that explains why it feels like it's lugging the engine hard

Contact Westside Powersports Seadoo as they have a lot of quality used parts and really know the in and out of the Seadoo Boats.

Yes it looks fine and not damaged. The only thing that makes sense is the rideplate shoe being broken off, but I don't know what a stock one even looks like! So it could be broken by just alittle that causes no performance loss or it's missing alot that explains why it feels like it's lugging the engine hard
I really don't think it's a ride plate issue. What are your RPMs at?

So I can't find anyone selling one but from photos it looks like I might be able to modify a 1996 seadoo XP pump shoe

I would be tempted to have someone well a piece of steel onto what is left of the broken ride plate. It may not look the best but would likely get the job done.

Is this what you are looking for? I could only find it for a 96 sportster (Pat #6 below) : You'll have to find a used one as they are no longer manufacturer. Look for someone "parting" out your model/year...1661797375984.png

1661797375984.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back