Brand new 2017 gts 130 leaking water

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Paulpratt

Hi all,

I have a new 2017 seadoo with 3 hours on clock.
Before even launching ski we washed it and noticed water coming in through screws in the hull that attatch the front cover. We sealed them up immediately , as well as the screws holding down the rear handle mount on back of seat.

Twice we have used it , and both times we get salt water spray all over motor and about 150ml in the bottom of ski.

There is a small hollow space on each side of the hull where the seat seal goes , right at the front of the hard plastic passenger seat handle.
I'm sure water goes in this track but I'm not sure if it's a vent to allow air into the engine area, or a design flaw.

Ive had a Honda and a Yamaha over the last ten years with the same use and never any trouble with water inside the ski. Bungs are always in and proper care is taken at all times.

Should I seal up these hollow trenches under the seat as we have had to seal
Up other screw holes to stop leaks??

Any help would be awesome ,
Thanks,
Paul .

You might want to take it to the dealer. I would if it was brand new. You don't want water spraying on the engine especially if it's salt! Otherwise I can't help I don't know the model. My sparks I don't have that issue.

The rear handle at the back of the ski is often added by the dealer because not all models come with one built-in.

Which model do you have exactly?

Hi
The rear handle at the back of the ski is often added by the dealer because not all models come with one built-in.

Which model do you have exactly?

Hi , Thanks for reply , i can only find a serial number and the only model info I have is gts 130 2017 model.

Serial # A.YDV41756F616 ,

I don't see any other variations of the gts 130?

Got it from trans marine in Bali , not much help coming from them.
The Bali mechanics advice is there's always this problem with all skis, just rinse the engine off with fresh water after each use!! I don't like that idea !!

You might want to take it to the dealer. I would if it was brand new. You don't want water spraying on the engine especially if it's salt! Otherwise I can't help I don't know the model. My sparks I don't have that issue.

Thanks for the reply,
I've heard the sparks are awesome .. the only model info I have is gts130 2017 model, plus a serial number.
Yep I'd try to take it back but we are now a long way away from the dealers shop !
Cheers

GTI SE has a reboarding ladder. GTI goes not. However, the new GTIs (not SE) are now 90 HP I believe. I don't have the specs on hand for the 2017 model but I would definitely bring back my ski to the dealer. When under warranty, do not try to fix it yourself because they will tell you that you are the one that broke it.

GTI SE has a reboarding ladder. GTI goes not. However, the new GTIs (not SE) are now 90 HP I believe. I don't have the specs on hand for the 2017 model but I would definitely bring back my ski to the dealer. When under warranty, do not try to fix it yourself because they will tell you that you are the one that broke it.

Hi benji ,

Thanks again, you are right but I can't really take it back to the dealer , they are in Bali Indonesia and now we are a thousand km away , logistics is a nightmare .
We don't have a gti , it's a gts 130 that we have .
Cheers

Reboarding ladder sure doesn't come standard on a GTS. Do you have reverse? I believe not if you have the model I think about. I would start by checking theoe reboarding screws because the dealer has to drill two holes to install the ladder. I did the same on my GTI 90. Otherwise, there is a bad seal somewhere else. I hope someone else on this forum will come to help.

The exhaust system is also cooled by water. If the ski stays on water without running, is water coming in or not? Unless you are riding in really huge waves (like getting above the hull), no water should come inside behind the seat, never seen that. Even then, I had my ski sitting in water in a few heavy thunderstorms without a drop of water inside the hull. I have heard of people running the ski in the water on the trailer with the seat opened to try to detect where the water comes from.

One thing is certain, if you are riding in salt water, you must fix this ASAP because it will ruin your ski. In the mean time, make sure to clean the engine with soft water after running it (there is also some spray oil that you can use I believe, someone on this forum running on salt water could tell us).

If you could send a few pictures it would help us.

Reboarding ladder sure doesn't come standard on a GTS. Do you have reverse? I believe not if you have the model I think about. I would start by checking theoe reboarding screws because the dealer has to drill two holes to install the ladder. I did the same on my GTI 90. Otherwise, there is a bad seal somewhere else. I hope someone else on this forum will come to help.

The exhaust system is also cooled by water. If the ski stays on water without running, is water coming in or not? Unless you are riding in really huge waves (like getting above the hull), no water should come inside behind the seat, never seen that. Even then, I had my ski sitting in water in a few heavy thunderstorms without a drop of water inside the hull. I have heard of people running the ski in the water on the trailer with the seat opened to try to detect where the water comes from.

One thing is certain, if you are riding in salt water, you must fix this ASAP because it will ruin your ski. In the mean time, make sure to clean the engine with soft water after running it (there is also some spray oil that you can use I believe, someone on this forum running on salt water could tell us).

If you could send a few pictures it would help us.

Hi again , thanks for the added info.
Yes we do use it in surf so water does occasionally splash onto the front hatch and on top of the seat.
Definitely not ever submerged though .
Pretty sure The water runs down the seat and hull rubber seal then into these two gutters at the start of the boarding handle ..
Which channels the water onto the top of the engine.
Think we might block up this area with putty and see what happens.
Thanks again guys
Paul

Attachments

• 72170186-8044-452a-99a3-fc7444f9a4d9.jpg
    72170186-8044-452a-99a3-fc7444f9a4d9.jpg
    106 KB · Views: 12
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back