Bow ladder

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bigbadjon

Hoping someone can help... I have a Challenger 210s w/o a bow ladder. I saw a ladder on Amazon that appears to be like the factory ladder on the SE (half the price)... Dimensions are listed on the picture - can someone please confirm, Thanks

Attachments

• 91tae-Tj-lL__SL1500_.jpg
    91tae-Tj-lL__SL1500_.jpg
    245.4 KB · Views: 16
As a person who has a 210 with a bow ladder, I can honestly say I've never once used it since we've purchased the boat. Huge PIA to use it to get in and out of the boat. Might be good for kids or for an emergency, but definitely not for everyday use IMO.

I second Jpass. I tried using it once & honestly I don’t think most people would even have the strength to get up it. I’ll try & check those measurements tonight though if someone else doesn’t beat me to it.

I have 3 step ladder on my bow and stern of my Islandia. Little hard on the stern to get your foot on the bottom step to climb up but doable. The Bow ladder should have 4-5 steps as you really have to have some good upper body strength to pull yourself up so you can get your foot on the bottom step. Good for getting into the water but not out. Save money and just jump in from the bow. It's more fun that way.

I unfolded my bow ladder once. I didn't see the point of having one. Maybe it is for boarding the boat when on the beach. We don't beach our boat so we have never tried using the ladder like that.

Skip it. On my boat having a ladder makes getting the anchor in and out harder.

We do not use ours all that much but it can be useful. We beach from time to time and it is great for that but you drag tons of sand in the boat when doing so... Its completely useless from the water. I prefer my guests to enter the rear of the boat to prevent tracking in sand. Once the days nearly over everyone just vanishes leaving the cleaning for you anyway! Keeping that in mind it is nice to have one for the occasional use.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back