Bow anchor compartment on Challenger 230

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

vollthrottle

Could anyone explain how those two black hooks (see picture) in the bow anchor compartment of a Challenger 230 are supposed to be used?

anchor_compartment.jpg

The two hooks are for a Danforth Anchor, which is probably the anchor most boaties should use for 5-8m boats.

cheers

Attachments

• Unknown.jpeg
    Unknown.jpeg
    2.9 KB · Views: 24
Very interesting! Does anyone have a picture with a Danforth Anchor in place on a Challenger? I wonder where the shank would go?
anchor-parts.png

I have one in my 230 and the anchor does not fit due to the shank....
I thought maybe they were for wrapping the rope as well.

The danforth fits nicely in my 2011 230. I am picking the boat back up this weekend and will post pics. The shank fits perfectly. The anchor doesn't rattle or damage the fiberglass.

dealer gave me a 6lb slip ring style fluke anchor when i bought the boat, it fit perfect with the chain and rode, only issue was the 6lb would not grab the river bottom (sand) properly and the heavy boat would pull it around, ended up replacing it with a 11lb that held the boat but did not fit into the anchor hooks, i eventually removed the hooks, it made getting the anchor in and out easier.

Were u ever able to get that picture?

The danforth fits nicely in my 2011 230. I am picking the boat back up this weekend and will post pics. The shank fits perfectly. The anchor doesn't rattle or damage the fiberglass.

Were u ever able to get that picture? I still can't see how it would fit.

I took pictures awhile back but you couldn't see them. Will try when the sun goes down. I am dumb when it comes to anchors. The dealer included UT with boat. I will call him today and get the specs.

Anchor Pics

IMG_0199.jpgIMG_0195.jpgIMG_0196.jpgHere are a few pics. I took a picture of the tag on the anchor as well. It fits nicely in there and doesnt rattle or bang around.

Thanks again. I'm going to see if i could cut down the shank on mine and drill a new hole for the chain - otherwise i'm going to order that one.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back