Bilge pump power, 07 Islandia

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tcflame

Hey everyone. I have a question. I’m on the last of my checklist for my 07 Islandia, the bilge pump (or the lack of!).
As you can see, there is no pump cartridge. This was missing when I bought it.
My question is, can someone shoot me a picture of where the wiring connector from the switch is?? I’ve only found one 3 wire plug back there but it looks to have been empty for years as the pins are green and crumbling.

Much appreciated7653DA41-0EF1-4B52-8BD4-0A4DF41B72E3.png

Looking at the parts diagram it was a 3-wire pump so I would say that's most likely the plug for it. To me it doesn't look like there's been a pump in there for years either and really won't take long for an unprotected plug to corrode. You can always bypass the plug itself and wire it directly making sure to waterproof the connection. The three wire plug allowed for a automatic float and a bypass switched connection. If you have a multimeter you can easily check if you have 12 volts at the plug. You should have a constant 12 volts on one wire this is for the float switch side, on the other wire you will have 12 volts when you turn the switch on/off on the dash. The other is your negative.

Looking at the parts diagram it was a 3-wire pump so I would say that's most likely the plug for it. To me it doesn't look like there's been a pump in there for years either and really won't take long for an unprotected plug to corrode. You can always bypass the plug itself and wire it directly making sure to waterproof the connection. The three wire plug allowed for a automatic float and a bypass switched connection. If you have a multimeter you can easily check if you have 12 volts at the plug. You should have a constant 12 volts on one wire this is for the float switch side, on the other wire you will have 12 volts when you turn the switch on/off on the dash. The other is your negative.
Thanks for the info. I’ll get on that plug and test it out.

That was the plug and You were correct.
Hot
Switched
Ground

Thanks

Good deal! Now get it fixed, not sure why anyone would remove the bilge pump and never replace it?!? Not the best idea!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back