Bilge pump fuse keeps blowing off

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

gfactor

Hello,
on a challenger 180 The bilge pump was working fine all day (automatic and manual).
At the end of the day right before approaching the dock to park, I had some water from a wave, nothing big.
I opened the floor storage compartment and there was some water, I turned on the manual pump but didn't work.

Nothing was blocking the pump, only the cable connector powering it was submerged in water.

I checked the fuses and I found the 3A fuse was blown. I replaced it and it got blown right away. 3 times like that.

What could be causing the fuse of the bilge pump to blow off? Is there an easy way to find out if there is a short?
Could it be that some water came in contact with the wiring

Your ideas and tips are greatly appreciated!

I searched the forum for the pump removal but couldn't find anything. I will try to remove and clean it but it's in a tight place and I can't see if it's riveted or not.

Took the pump out and found some fiberglass hair blocking the rotor, cleaned it. put new fuses and it worked fine.

Took the pump out and found some fiberglass hair blocking the rotor, cleaned it. put new fuses and it worked fine.

The rotor was probably jammed with the debris making the motor draw more power trying to overcome the jam. Glad it was a simple fix. You may want to put some water in the bilge and confirm everything is working as it should.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back