Beware of dealer

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

seatys501

I got screwed. By Surf and Turf Power Sports in NJ. But dont worry they closed thier doors. Sales wise it was great (thanks Ed) . Thought I got a good deal with a Yama Ski trade in for my new 2008 Challenger 180. Service sucked. The day of delivery the boat was uncovered parked under a tree. There was so much pollen then never even washed it. Hooked the battery up and that was it. The pollen stained all the white leather seats. Disgusting. Got it home realized the cover on the engine was never put back on. Guess they checked the oil and had to remove this cover and it just sat there on the side. First trip out the stereo busted. I only put 5 hours on it all summer. Was too busy with life. Then when i took it to anotehr service shop to get winterized they told me I had stress cracks all over the back decking. I took it to Surf N Turf and thier first responce was BRP wont cover stress cracks. This was clearly a defect so I got a lawyer involved. As soon as I mentioned that BRP changed thier mind. However, they had to send the boat off to a body shop. 2-3 weeks later Surf and Turf closed down. Never paid the bill to the body shop. So my boat sat in the lot nearly 7 months. I basically got free winter storage. A month ago I was able to talk the body shop into releasing the boat to me since I had nothign to do with the work order. Good luck to them. When i got the boat back the radio was missing. Surf anf Turf took it out to get it replaced and since they closed never got the new one. So I went out and got a replacement for $160.00.

2 things to learn from this....

1-Just be careful. With the economy the way it is, many companies are closing. I can assume boat sales are down due to people loosing jobs etc. In many areas like mine there is only 1 Seadoo dealer withing 100 mile radius. Think about where you can go if things dont work out for them

2-any 2008 Challenger owners. Take a look at your back deck. Look close for stress cracks. Not sure if mine was just a coincidence but the body shop said there was hardly any fiberglass on the back deck. Obvious defect.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back