Best Plug for the $$$

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

mojo0107

Ok we were 5 miles from the house on Lake Barkley when my SeaDoo just dropped down to a max of 3200rpm's and then died as I got close to shore. Turns out the "Ceramic around the center broke and fell down shorting one cylinder out and then fouling my other plug. Good news was I had the old plugs with me. Got home safe. I know the NKG BR8ES is what come in it and I go back to it all the time but my cousin runs all these split fires hot fires, etc. what is best? and what should they be gapped to?

yup yup NGK.... used to run NGK in my race bikes YZ250, runnin them HARD too, southwest region... i know if that's what the mechanic ran, they were the best... and i KNOW if they could handle that without any plug problem's they can deffinately handle a ski runnin at 7000 easily.... and you know they do mass produce so they no matter what will have a plug here and there thats deffective, whatta ya do... i would just keep runnin the NGK's change them every time or two out on a good ride... their cheap, buy a carton of em so you got em layin around... and according to the NGK gap chart on our GTX's you'll want to gap them at .022, that should run em nice and hot!!! good luck

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back