Battery Warning Light - Part 2

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

canadabob

well..the saga continues.

I'm a new owner of a 2007 180 Challenger SE. My first boat and I was hoping that with only 16 hours on the boat at time of purchase there wouldn't be a lot of mechanical issues. Boy was I wrong.

Last week I started to get a battery warning signal. Code P-0562 "12v Low". I looked it up and determined it was "battery voltage too low". A variety of causes are listed. I called the technician and had the battery changed, which seemed a good idea given that the boat was now over 4 years old.

But that didnt solve the problem. After further checking with a power tester it was determined that the charge going to the battery when the engine was running was low. 20v AC and only 1-2v DC on the other side. The recommended solution was to replace the Rectifier/Regulator, which was done this morning. Hoping the problem was fixed, we started the boat this morning and got the battery warning signal again. Checked the power levels and same problem.

I'm reaching the end of my rope on this. The technician now says he thinks it needs a new Stator - what I understand to be the AC generator. A complicated and expensive job given that it is located underneath the motor at the back. God knows what the part itself will cost. Given that the boat only has just over 20 hours on it it strikes me that either I am the most unlucky boat owner on the planet, or that something is being overlooked.

Another opinion offered was that it could be a connection problem, given that the boat has operated in salt water and where are green corrosion spots visible in some places. My plan now is to haul the boat out and have it looked at by another technician later tonight.

I was wondering if anyone has experieneced any similar problems with these boats. Is this a really rare situation? If anyone has any thoughts of possible fixes, I'd also be very greatful to hear your thoughts.

Thanks in advance.

2000 gtx rfi

Well i just bought my first PWC 1 month ago. I am guessing similar problem for my 2000 gtx rfi. My warning light came on at 55mph yesterday so charged battery overnight. Runs fine. Today came on after 5 minutes and did not go off until low speed.

Talked to previous owner. Battery is 1 month old. Rectifier replaced 2 years ago. Saw this light alot and he ignored it. His batteries all lasted 1-2 years.

I have no testing and wouldn't know enough to test various parts.

Does anyone think I can ignore this light for now until starting/running problems arise?

Thanks

I have a 2007 Speedster 150 SC -I've seen the "12V Low" warning a few times. I saw it most recently Saturday. Drove the boat about 10 mins Sunday to load on the trailer and store. Hooked it up to a charger I bought from Wal-Mart some time ago. It can also show battery %, which showed 100%. Not sure what to make of it, will check the battery % when I go out again next weekend....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back